What we do
Tradier is a cloud-based financial services provider that offers a technology and brokerage platform to businesses and individual investors. We provide API solutions for businesses to integrate trading and market data into their platforms as well as a self-directed retail trading platform used by thousands of customers every day. Tradier’s platform satisfies over 1 billion API calls and executes 300+ thousand orders per month to meet our customer needs.
What you’ll do here
- Design, develop, and support backend technology solutions for our brokerage and business customers
- Become a code owner of existing solutions and make them work the way you think they should
- Ensure a high-quality code base across all backend applications
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback to members on your team
- Pitch ideas to innovate on our backend products and how to make them stand out
Who you are
- Communication is one of your biggest strengths
- You have an impeccable attention to detail
- You seek the best possible solution and can make a path towards that goal
- You’re passionate about building the best solutions to solve a particular problem
- You take pride in the work you do, and you know when something could be done better
- You are not afraid to acknowledge shortcomings in your work and work with the team to improve
- At least 5-7 years of experience building backend (or full-stack) applications using Java
- Excellent knowledge of Java features, patterns and best practices (Java 8+)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Java Frameworks (Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Vert.x, JavaEE, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Databases and Data Stores (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Redis, etc.)
- Strong experience working with APIs (REST, JSON API, GraphQL, etc.)
- Strong experience working with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, etc.) or any other Cloud Provider (GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Strong experience with Git and working with a team using code version control
- Experience with testing applications and common testing techniques (JUnit, Mockito, Spring Testing, etc.)
- Experience using OAuth and JWT for authentication
- Any financial services experience working within banking or investing companies
- Developer operations experience working with AWS and CI/CD solutions
- You have a background in computer science or relevant technical degree
- Experience hardening backend applications against common cybersecurity risks
About the Job
- 100% remote with some occasional travel
- You reside in the US
- Reasonable work/life balance
- Friendly and diverse teammates
- $90k - $125k USD per year salary
- Incentive stock options
- Health insurance, free for employees, 50% paid for family members
- Paid vacation
About Tradier Brokerage Inc.
Tradier Brokerage, Inc. — a member FINRA and SIPC is an independent subsidiary of Tradier, Inc. The Brokerage API enables entrepreneurs, businesses, developers and active traders to solve their trading and brokerage challenges using independent content and tool providers of their choice — at simple and competitive prices.
About Tradier, Inc.
Tradier, Inc. is a cloud-based financial services provider and brokerage API company that offers a groundbreaking platform to serve Platform Providers, Advisors, Developers and Individual Investors. Tradier delivers an innovative set of fully hosted API's, modules and "out of the box" tools that are leveraged by a growing list of providers seeking to create innovative trading and investing experiences.
Created by developers, Tradier is a technology linchpin that works with organizations that want to democratize access to data, trade execution, low cost trading and market connectivity through cloud access. In addition, Tradier's APIs empowers third-party developers to build applications such as algorithmic and robotic trading systems.
The Tradier solution features REST-based and Streaming APIs, and turnkey tools that deliver speed, choice and simplicity – all on a secure platform.